Policies | ZOOM+Care
Effective Date: September 27, 2017
If you object to anything in these Terms or the ZOOM+Care Website and App Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”), do not use the Services. These Terms are subject to change by ZOOM+Care at any time, effective upon posting on the Services, and your use of the Services after such posting will constitute acceptance by you of such changes.
For purposes of these Terms, the Services do not include clinical services, that ZOOM+Care may provide to you as a result of your use of the Services (collectively, “Healthcare Services”). Your receipt of Healthcare Services from ZOOM+Care is governed by the ZOOM+Care Notice of Privacy Practices and the ZOOM+Care Services Terms and Conditions.
Termination of Registration
Your authorization to use the Services may be terminated under the following circumstances:
- Upon your request in writing.
- In case of a misrepresentation by you in registering.
- For your violation of these Terms or other policies incorporated herein by reference.
- In case you no longer meet the qualifications for registration.
- Upon the termination or shutdown of the website for any reason.
- You may terminate your registration by contacting us at ZOOM+Care, 1455 NW Irving St, Suite 600, Portland OR 97209.
Prohibited Uses of the Services
The Services are for the personal use of individuals only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. Organizations, companies, or businesses may not become patients or otherwise use the Services for any purpose.
You may use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to:
- Use the Services in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Services.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic or manual device, process or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring, copying or scraping any of the material or information on the Services.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Services, the server on which the Services is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Services.
- Attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
Intellectual Property Rights
ZOOM+Care or its licensors own and retain all proprietary rights in the Services. The Services contain the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of ZOOM+Care and its licensors. Except for that information for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
ZOOM+Care grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive, non-transferable, personal license to use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use only, subject to and conditioned on your continued compliance with these Terms. You may not commercially exploit the Services. You may not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on the Services, except as authorized by the Terms. No right, title or interest in or to the Services is transferred to you, and we reserve all rights not expressly granted.
The ZOOM+Care name, its logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of ZOOM+Care or its affiliates. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of ZOOM+Care. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
We may (i) take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services; and (ii) terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Services for any reason.
Modifications to the Servicer
ZOOM+Care reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that ZOOM+Care shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
To access the Services or some of the resources they offer, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of the Services that all the information you provide on the Services is correct, current, and complete. You agree that all information you provide to register with the Services or otherwise, including but not limited to through the use of any interactive features on the Services, is governed by our Privacy Statement, and you consent to all actions we take with respect to your information consistent with our Privacy Statement.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
ZOOM+Care is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the Services or in connection with the Services. ZOOM+Care is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, including injury or damage to users and/or members. Under no circumstances will ZOOM+Care be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the Services, any content posted on the Services or transmitted to any party. The Services are provided "AS-IS." ZOOM+Care cannot guarantee any specific results from use of the Services.
Participation in Interactive Services
The Services may permit you to view certain information displayed from your medical records, including the results of certain laboratory or imaging tests. Your use of these features is considered to be a request by you to receive your results online.
ZOOM+Care provides you with a number of interactive online services to help you better manage your health. The services may include (but are not limited to) secure messaging relating to:
- Communicating with ZOOM+Care Provider
- Scheduling Visits
- Accessing lab results
You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type (including secure messaging) that infringe upon, misappropriate, or violate any rights of any party.
In consideration of being allowed to use the Services, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms:
- Signing on as or pretending to be another person
- Using secure messaging or transmitting any material in violation of any applicable law
- Using interactive services in a way that is intended to harm or would likely harm others
- Intentionally distributing viruses or other harmful computer code.
ZOOM+Care expressly reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate a user's access to any interactive services and/or to any or all other areas of the Services due to any act that would constitute a violation of these Terms.
In addition, ZOOM+Care may make an electronic copy of your medical records, including electronic copies of your X-rays and other digital medical images, accessible to you. You may use these images as you wish, including sharing them with other health care providers and posting them on social media. You are solely responsible for records; you have downloaded or shared. ZOOM+Care is not responsible for protecting such records from misuse or disclosure by third parties.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because ZOOM+Care has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that ZOOM+Care is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
Use by Children
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that the Services are not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a person under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information about a person under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
The owner of the Services is based in the state of Oregon in the United States. We provide the Services for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Services or any of their content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. ZOOM+CARE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE COMPLETENESS, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR NATURE OF THE CONTENT OF THE SERVICES, SECURITY OF USER CONTENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ZOOM+CARE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS REGARDING CONTENT DELIVERED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY DELAYS IN OR INTERRUPTIONS OF SUCH DELIVERY. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THE INTERNET OR THE SERVICES WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE CODE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ZOOM+CARE BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT WILL ZOOM+CARE’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO ZOOM+ FOR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS TO ZOOM+CARE, AS APPLICABLE. THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN ZOOM+CARE AND YOU.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold ZOOM+Care, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any actions, losses, liabilities, claims, damages, fees, expenses, judgments, costs, and demands, including reasonable attorney's fees in connection with your use of the Services or from a breach of these Terms.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Servicesr
All information we collect on through the Services is subject to our Privacy Statement. By using the Services, you consent to all actions taken by us with respect to your information in compliance with the Privacy Statement. The Privacy Statement is hereby incorporated by reference.
We may revise and update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Services thereafter. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page from time to time so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
All matters relating to the Services and these Terms and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon. Any dispute, legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms, the Privacy Statement, or the Services shall be instituted exclusively in the federal or state courts located in the State of Oregon. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
These Terms and our Privacy Statement constitute the sole and entire agreement between you and ZOOM+Care with respect to the Services and supersede all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to the Services.
Comments and Concerns
The Services are operated by ZOOM Management, Inc. and its affiliates, including the entities that comprise ZOOM+Care. All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ZOOM+Care Website and App Privacy Statement
Effective Date: September 27, 2017
This Website and App Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes the (i) types of information that ZOOM Management, Inc. and its affiliates, including the entities that comprise ZOOM+Care (“ZOOM+Care”, “We”, or “our”) may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website (www.zoomcare.com) (the “Website”) and use its functionalities, or use the ZOOM+Care-On-Demand Healthcare iOS mobile application (the “App” and together with the Website, the “Services”); and (ii) our practices for the collection, use, and disclosure of that information.
Please read this Statement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Services. By accessing or using the Services, you agree to this Statement. This Statement may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Statement periodically for updates.
This statements covers:
- Information We Collect
- How We Share Your Information with Third Parties
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Your Information
This Statement does not apply to protected health information (“PHI”), or information that we collect by other means (including offline) or from other sources. Any PHI that we collect is governed by the ZOOM+Care Notice of Privacy Practices.
Information We Collect
We collect information from you in two ways. First, you provide us with certain information when you register for and use our Services. Second, we collect certain information automatically as you interact with our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect Personal Information from you when you register as a user, communicate with us through the chat function on our Website, provide comments and suggestions, submit content or send us feedback. “Personal Information” means any information we collect that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, title, birth date, gender, insurance benefit coverage, and other information when needed to provide a service you requested. If you do not want us to collect this information, please do not provide it.
Information We Automatically Collect from You When You Use the Services
When you use our Services, you may do so anonymously, unless you have previously indicated that you wish ZOOM+Care to remember your login and password. We log your IP address (the Internet address of your computer) to give us an idea of which parts of our website you visit and how long you spend there. But, we do not link your IP address to any Personal Information unless you have logged in to our website.
We (or service providers on our behalf) may use technologies, including “cookies” and “web beacons,” to automatically collect information about how you use the Services. A cookie is a small data file that certain websites write to your hard drive when you visit them. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that the site uses to track the pages you've visited, but the only Personal Information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Web beacons are web page elements that can recognize certain types of information on your computer or mobile device, such as the time and date you viewed a page, which emails are opened, which links are clicked, and similar information.
Information that may be collected by cookies and web beacons when you use the Services may include, without limitation:
- web pages you visit;
- date and time of your visit to or use of the Services;
- usage and activity data related to the Services;
- websites you visit before or after visiting the Services;
- location information;
- browser type;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet;
- your computer or mobile device and connection information, such as your browser type and version, operating system, and platform; and
- your device identifier.
If you prefer not to receive cookies while using our Services, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser, although you may not be able to take full advantage of our Services if you do so. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use/navigate through many parts of our Services.
We use a third-party payment processors to handle payment transactions. Any payment transactions will be subject to these third party payment processors’ privacy policies.
“Do Not Track” Requests
Your Internet browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites you visit. ZOOM+Care respects your wishes and will not track user activity once “do not track” signals have been activated.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use your Personal Information for any of the following circumstances:
- developing, providing and improving the Services;
- managing and verifying your account and the identity of users of the Services;
- contacting you when necessary about your account or your use of the Services;
- sending you information and promotional materials about our Services as well as our company in general;
- responding to support requests;
- complying with regulatory requirements for the maintenance of records;
- conducting internal reviews of our Services to help us better understand visitors’ and customers’ uses of our Services;
- protecting the security and integrity of our Services;
- any other legal, business or marketing purposes that are not inconsistent with the terms of this Statement.
ZOOM+Care also uses your personal information for interest-based advertising, retargeting, and contextual advertising. Interest-based advertising involves the collection of data across different web domains so we can deliver ads that are tailored to your interests. Our retargeting practices allow ZOOM+Care to show you products we think you would be interested in based on your activity on the Services. Contextual ads are customized based on the content you are viewing at any particular time. You can read more about this type of data-driven marketing on the Network Advertising Initiative website, http://www.networkadvertising.org.
How We Share Your Information with Third Parties
We may share the Personal Information we collect in connection with the Services with third parties, as described below:
- With Consent. When we have your consent to share the information.
- To Provide Services. If we need or it is useful to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested.
- Service Providers. To our third party contractors, vendors, suppliers or other service providers. For instance, if we need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of ZOOM+Care to provide a product or service to you (we will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose).
- Marketing Purposes. To provide you with information and promotional materials about our products and services as well as our company in general .
- Third-Party Analytics Providers. With third parties who conduct marketing studies and data analytics. These third parties may combine your information with the information of other consumers for purposes of conducting these studies and/or analytics. For example, we use certain Google products to track and report activity within the Services. If you wish to opt out of having your data used by Google Analytics, you may download and install on all your browsers the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on developed by Google for this purpose, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Our Affiliates. We may share some or all of your information with our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venturers, or other companies that are or may become under common control with us. We will require these entities to comply with the terms of this Statement with regard to their use of your information.
- Transfer or Assignment in Connection with Business Transfers or Bankruptcy. In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy or other sale of all or a portion of our assets, any user information owned or controlled by us may be one of the assets transferred to third parties. We reserve the right, as part of this type of transaction, to transfer or assign your personal information and other information we have collected from users of the Services to third parties. Other than to the extent ordered by a bankruptcy or other court, or as otherwise agreed to by you, the use and disclosure of all transferred user information will be subject to this Statement. However, any information you submit or that is collected after this type of transfer may be subject to a new privacy Statement adopted by the successor entity.
- Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders, or Protection of Our Rights. We may disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if:
- you have given us permission to share your information;
- we are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order;
- we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, or to protect our property or other rights, or those of other users of the Services, third parties, or the public at large; or
- Aggregate Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information without restriction. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from other third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- Your Choices
We may occasionally send commercial emails to you with information about our new products and services that provide radical access and control of your health.
If you’d like to opt out of these commercial emails you can do so by sending an email to email@example.com or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails that you receive from us. Please note that this will not unsubscribe you from non-commercial emails that we send concerning patient care or individual member services.
Children Under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect contact information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a visitor under the age of 13 has submitted personal information without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her information from our files.
How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. You acknowledge that: (a) the limitations of the Internet are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of information and data exchanged between you and us cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. ZOOM has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
Revisions to this Statement
ZOOM is required to comply with the terms of this Statement as it is currently in effect. We reserve the right to change the terms of this Statement. Any such revisions may be applied to Personal Information obtained before the effective date of the revision.
If we revise this Statement, we will prominently post notification of the change and the revised Statement on our website before the effective date of the revision.
If you have any questions about any of the above information, please contact ZOOM +Care at:
Mail: ZOOM+Care, 1455 NW Irving St., #600, Portland, OR, 97209
ZOOM+Care Services Terms and Conditions
Effective: September 27, 2017
Use of Your Credit or Debit Card
When you schedule a visit at a ZOOM+Care clinic, you understand you are reserving a dedicated visit time. ZOOM+Care requires that credit or debit card information be provided to schedule visits and to cover any costs related to treatments or services you receive at ZOOM+Care. Our third party payment processing vendor retains this information on file in accordance with its privacy policies until your card expires. Scheduling a visit with ZOOM+Care and acknowledging this policy implies consent for us to direct our third party payment processing vendor to retain your card information and charge your card for any treatment fees, pharmacy fees, and other fees related to your care.
Fee for No Shows and Late Arrivals
ZOOM+Care may charge you a non-refundable fee of up to $99 if you arrive late for your scheduled appointment and do not reschedule another visit for the same day, fail to show up for your scheduled visit, or cancel your scheduled appointment with less than 1 hour of notice for urgent care or less than 24 hours for all other services (the “No Show/Late Fee”). If applicable, you authorize ZOOM+Care to keep your signature on file and to charge your credit/debit card the No Show/Late Fee.
Acknowledgment of Financial Responsibility
You acknowledge that you are financially responsible for and agree to pay for all services and products received at or from ZOOM+Care. You acknowledge that payment is required at the time of service unless other arrangements – such as the billing of insurance - have been made. Payment for services includes payment of applicable coinsurance, copayments and deductibles for participating insurance companies. ZOOM+Care accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card and American Express. ZOOM+Care does not accept cash.
Billing Insurance & Assignment of Benefits Statement
As a courtesy to you, ZOOM+Care will bill your health insurer for services provided to you if ZOOM+Care has a contract with your health insurer. However, you understand and agree that you (not you insurance company nor any other entity) are ultimately responsible for all fees for services received at or from ZOOM+Care, unless otherwise specified by state or federal law, or other billing arrangements have been made.
- If you have health insurance, you authorize your health insurance and health plans to make payments directly to ZOOM+Care. You agree to pay for any charges you owe to ZOOM+Care which are not paid by your health insurer.
- You understand that if the health insurer that provides you with primary health insurance does not pay ZOOM+Care within 60 days of your visit, ZOOM+Care may then bill you directly or charge your credit or debit card on file the total amount due.
- As a courtesy, ZOOM+Care will bill the health insurer that provides you with secondary health insurance. However, if payment is not received from any secondary insurer within 30 days of ZOOM+Care billing the secondary insurer, ZOOM+Care may then directly bill you or charge to your credit or debit card on file the total amount billed to the secondary insurer.
- Not all services provided at ZOOM+Care will be covered by your health insurance. As a courtesy, ZOOM+Care may, but is not required, ask your health insurer about coverage on your behalf, but ZOOM+Care cannot know and is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of any information provided. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for knowing your insurance benefits and guidelines regarding what is and is not covered by your insurance and for paying ZOOM+Care for all services and products provided that are not covered by your insurance.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for knowing whether you are eligible to use any health insurance at the time of service at ZOOM+Care. You are responsible for providing ZOOM+Care with valid insurance information at every visit. If your insurance is not in effect at the time of service at ZOOM+Care, you are responsible for paying ZOOM+Care in full amount for any and all services provided by ZOOM+Care.
- You are required to declare your method of payment when you schedule any ZOOM+Care service. You may declare your method of payment “uninsured” or you may select your insurance plan(s). Your selection determines whether ZOOM+Care will submit any claims for payment to a health insurer.
- If you select an insurance plan(s) and ZOOM+Care is able to confirm the policy is active, then ZOOM+Care will consider you to be “insured”. As an insured customer, ZOOM+Care will estimate your financial responsibility when you receive care and collect that amount when you receive care. If you have selected an insurance plan and ZOOM+Care has verified this is an active plan, you may not change your payment method to “uninsured” at your visit.
- If you select “uninsured” you may not submit your invoice to an insurance company for reimbursement. If you do, ZOOM+Care is not responsible for processing the claims and will not process any claims related to this matter.
- Outstanding Balance and Collection Policy
- You agree to pay ZOOM+Care any and all amounts owed and outstanding within 30 days of the date of service giving rise to the charge. You may have an outstanding balance if, for example, your credit or debit card expires or is declined or if your actual financial responsibility for services covered by health insurance coverage differs from the estimate made at the time of check-out.
- Amounts not paid to ZOOM+Care within 60 days from the date of service giving rise to the charge will be assessed a $50 collection fee and transferred to a collection agency. If it becomes necessary to effect collections of any amount owed on this or subsequent visits, you agree to pay all legal costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees. You hereby authorize ZOOM+Care to release information necessary to secure payment.
- ZOOM+Care is unable to offer services to Medicare beneficiaries at this time. To comply with federal laws, ZOOM+Care is unable to serve even those Medicare beneficiaries who would prefer to pay out of pocket for services. ZOOM+Care will continue to evaluate the complicated and evolving Medicare landscape and hopes to be able to serve Medicare beneficiaries in the future.
- ZOOM+Care is able to serve individuals who are eligible for Medicare, but have declined coverage. If you are over 65 or otherwise eligible for Medicare, you will be asked at the time of your visit to confirm that you are not a Medicare beneficiary.
Unless you specifically request otherwise, overpayments of $5.00 or less will be credited to your subsequent ZOOM+Care visits.
Referrals for Services
- ZOOM+Care may recommend that you receive services, such as laboratory processing or testing or imaging services, at non-ZOOM+Care facilities. If a ZOOM+Care provider recommends that you obtain services at another facility or have laboratory samples processed at another facility, you are free to obtain such services from any provider you choose.
- Any non-ZOOM+Care facility that provides you with services, including laboratory processing services, will bill you separately for the services provided at the non-ZOOM+Care facility’s prices.
- As a courtesy, ZOOM+Care may provide you with pricing estimates for services performed at or by non-ZOOM+Care facilities. You understand that ZOOM+Care cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of these estimates.
- ZOOM+Care is not responsible for non-ZOOM+Care facilities’ prices, their billing practices, or for payment of any charges incurred for services performed.
- ZOOM+Care Ethics
ZOOM+Care strives to adhere to the highest standards of ethical conduct in the healthcare industry. Your healthcare and satisfaction are our highest priorities. We follow the following policies:
- Pharmaceutical Industry. ZOOM+Care prohibits pharmaceutical industry representatives from meeting with or providing gifts to ZOOM+Care employees, including physicians and physician assistants. ZOOM+Care employees are also not permitted to serve as paid consultants to the pharmaceutical industry. ZOOM+Care recognizes that the pharmaceutical industry discovers and produces therapies of vital importance to the health of the people we serve. However, ZOOM+Care evaluates pharmaceutical products on the merits of the scientific evidence of a product's safety and efficacy. Pharmaceutical industry sales and marketing may distort this evaluation and consumes time devoted to caring for you.
- Medical Devices and Technologies. ZOOM+Care employees, including physicians and physician assistants, may not receive gifts from medical device and technology companies, serve as consultants to such companies or otherwise have a financial relationship with such companies.
- Referrals. ZOOM+Care employees, including physicians and physician assistants, may not receive gifts or other forms of inducement from any hospital, laboratory, imaging center, emergency department or any other individual physician or provider of care to whom you may be referred.
- ZOOM+Care Chat
ZOOM+Care Chat offers instant access to medical care from our trusted MDs, NDs, NPs, and PAs. ZOOM+Care Chat may be accessed via the ZOOM+Care website or via the iOS App on your phone. Please review the ZOOM+Care Chat Informed Consent, for additional important information related to use of ZOOM+Care Chat.
- Each ZOOM+Care Chat session is $25. If your Chat takes place within 7 days of a visit to a ZOOM+Care clinic and is related to the initial visit, it’s free. If applicable, the ZOOM+Care Chat fee will be charged to the credit card we have on file for you within 24 hours. You will be asked to confirm that you understand there is a fee before the ZOOM+Care Chat session begins. Chat fees are not submitted to your insurance provider at this time and may only be paid by credit card. There is no fee if a Chat is dropped or incomplete for technical reasons.
- If your ZOOM+Care Chat provider orders prescriptions for you during your ZOOM+Care Chat session, the pharmacy that fills your prescription will charge you separately for the prescription.
- ZOOM+Care Chat is only available to patients residing in Oregon, and is only provided in English at this time.
- You must be 18 years old to use the ZOOM+Care Chat service. However, an adult may use ZOOM+Care Chat to get care for a child or dependent by following the “Who is this for?” prompt in the introductory Chat service dialog.
- In the case of hostile or inappropriate behavior by the patient, the provider may terminate a Chat at any time at their discretion, and will advise you that the Chat is being terminated. A terminated Chat will be treated as abandoned, meaning that treatment recommendations will not be entered into the patient chart, and new or refill prescriptions will not be processed; however depending on the duration of the Chat your credit card may be charged the regular service fee in effect at that time.
ZOOM+CARE NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
Effective: September 27, 2017
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
- To Whom Does this Notice Apply?
- This Notice of Privacy Practices (“Notice”) applies to Protected Health Information of Patients of all ZOOM+Care clinics. A Patient is anyone who receives or has received healthcare from ZOOM+Care.
- This Notice does not apply to you if you are not a Patient and only use the ZOOM+Care website for educational or informational purposes as a Visitor. Please see the ZOOM+Care Website and App Privacy Statement for information about how we may use or disclose Personal Information about Visitors.
- What Laws Apply?
At ZOOM+Care, we are committed to protecting the privacy rights of our Patients. You have a variety of rights under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its implementing regulations (“HIPAA”). Washington and Oregon state laws also grant you similar rights. These rights are described in this Notice.
- Our Obligations
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your Protected Health Information.
- We must provide you with this Notice and abide by the terms of this Notice, as currently in effect.
- We must notify you in the event Protected Health Information is used or disclosed (shared) in an unauthorized manner, resulting in a Breach, as defined by HIPAA.
- We may change this Notice at any time. If we change this Notice, the new Notice will be posted on the ZOOM+Care website. We will also make it available at our ZOOM+Care clinics.
- What is Protected Health Information?
- Protected Health Information (sometimes referred to as “PHI”) includes more than just information about medical procedures. The term includes all information created or received by or on behalf of ZOOM+Care which can be used to identify you and relates to:
- Your past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition.
- The provision of healthcare to you.
- The past, present, or future payment for the provision of healthcare to you.
- Washington and Oregon also have laws which protect individuals’ health information from unauthorized use or disclosure. Unless we specify otherwise, when used in this Notice, the term “Protected Health Information” refers to information protected by HIPAA and these state laws.
- Reasons We Typically Use and Share Your Protected Health Information
We may use and disclose (share) your Protected Health Information without asking your permission for the following reasons:
- Treatment. To provide you with health care services and coordinate and manage your care. We may share your Protected Health Information with doctors, nurses, technicians, and others involved in your care, including third parties such as hospitals, pharmacies, and diagnostic laboratories. For example, if your ZOOM+Care physician refers you to a specialist, ZOOM+Care will provide your relevant files to that specialist.
- Bill for Services. To allow us, or others, to bill and be paid by you, your insurance company, or a third party for health care services provided to you. We may also tell your insurance company about a treatment you are going to receive to learn if your plan will pay for the treatment. For example, ZOOM+Care will share necessary information about treatment provided to treat an injury with your insurance company so that it will pay us or reimburse you for those services.
- Run Our Business. To allow us and, in some circumstances, other organizations, to perform administrative, educational, quality assurance and business-related functions. For example, ZOOM+Care may use your Protected Health Information to allow the supervising doctor for a clinic to review the quality of the services you received.
- Additional Reasons We May Use and Share your Protected Health Information
We may also use and disclose (share) your Protected Health Information without asking your permission to the following individuals or organizations or for the following reasons:
- To public health agencies to protect public health and safety, or to prevent or control diseases, injuries, or conditions.
- To disaster relief organizations such as the Red Cross to assist within disaster relief efforts.
- To report suspected child or vulnerable adult abuse or neglect to authorized governmental agencies.
- To health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law, such as audits and investigations.
- To the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to investigate or track problems with prescription drugs and medical devices.
- To law enforcement officials under limited conditions, such as to report a crime at a ZOOM+Care clinic.
- To authorized federal officials as required if you are in the U.S. armed forces or work for certain national security or certain other federal governmental agencies.
- In response to a court order and, in certain cases, a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process.
- To employers, insurers, and others to comply with laws related to workers’ compensation and employment safety.
- To coroners, medical examiners, funeral directors, or organ procurement organizations or donation banks if you die.
- For research purposes in certain limited circumstances.
- Sharing your Protected Health Information with Your Family and Friends
We may disclose (share) your Protected Health Information with your family members, close friends, or others involved in your care or the payment for your care, or as necessary to notify, identify, or locate those involved in your care and inform them of your location, general condition, or death in the following circumstances:
- If you are available to agree or object and you either agree or do not object to our disclosing your Protected Health Information, or,
- If you not available or are incapacitated, we determine that disclosing your Protected Health Information is in your best interest.
- Communications with You
- We may use and disclose your Protected Health Information as necessary to contact you to provide reminders about upcoming appointments for treatment or related services.
- We may use and disclose your Protected Health Information to contact you to tell you about or recommend treatment options, alternatives, or health related products or services offered by Zoom+Care that may be of interest to you.
- When Your Written Authorization Is Required
- We may not sell your Protected Health Information or disclose it to another entity for third party for that third party’s marketing purposes without your authorization.
- Federal and state laws impose special protections for certain kinds of Protected Health Information and require us to obtain authorization from you before we can share it. For example, notes of psychotherapy sessions, information about specific types of sexually transmitted disease, and mental health issues may be specifically protected. Before disclosing this type of information we will contact you for the necessary authorization.
- If you sign an authorization to disclose your Protected Health Information, you may revoke it at any time by letting us know in writing. However, the revocation does not affect actions taken before we receive it.
- Your Other Privacy Rights
You have a certain rights with respect to your Protected Health Information that you may choose to exercise. If you want to exercise any of these rights, you must do so in writing by completing a form that you can obtain from the Zoom+Care Privacy Office. In some cases, we may charge you for the costs of providing materials to you. You can receive more information about how to exercise your rights and any charges by contacting the Zoom+Care Privacy Office.
- You may ask us to limit how we use or disclose your Protected Health Information for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations purposes.
- Generally, we are not required to say “yes” to your request, and we may say “no” if it would affect your care.
- If you or someone else, other than your health insurer, pays for treatment received from ZOOM+Care in full, you may ask that we not share information about that treatment with your health insurer for payment or healthcare operations purposes. We will say “yes” to your request, unless the law requires us to share that information.
- In Washington, you may instruct us not to disclose your Protected Health Information to certain healthcare providers or facilities that previously provided you with healthcare.
- In Washington, you may instruct us not to disclose your Protected Health Information as described in Section 7 of this Notice to certain family members.
- You may ask us to communicate with you in a certain way or at a certain location. For example, you may wish to be contacted only at home and not at work. We will consider all reasonable requests, and must say “yes” if you tell us you would be in danger if we do not.
- You may ask to see or receive a copy of information in your ZOOM+Care medical and billing records and certain other records used by either ZOOM+Care to make decisions. Under certain circumstances, we may say “no” to your request. If we do, we will tell you why, and you may ask that the decision be reviewed.
- You may ask us to correct or amend information in your ZOOM+Care medical and billing records and certain other records used by ZOOM+Care to make decisions. Under certain circumstances, we may say “no” to your request. If we do, we will tell you why, and you ask that the decision be reviewed.
- You may ask for a record of certain disclosures of your Protected Health Information made by or on behalf of ZOOM+Care.
- You may ask us for a paper copy of this Notice, even if you have agreed to receive privacy notices electronically.
- Contact Us
- If you have any questions about this Notice or believe your privacy rights have been violated, please contact the ZOOM+Care Privacy Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: 503-684-8252
Mail: ZOOM+Care, 1455 NW Irving Street, #600, Portland, OR, 97209
- You may file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights by following the instructions at https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/filing-a-complaint.
- We will not retaliate against you in any way for filing a complaint.
ZOOM+Care Email and Text Messaging Terms and Conditions and Consent
Effective Date: September 27, 2017
ZOOM+Care strives to make getting healthcare convenient and hassle-free and provides appointment reminders and other communications regarding services you receive from ZOOM+Care, payment for such services, and coordination of services others may provide via electronic mail (email) or text messaging. Such emails and text messages may contain your protected health information. ZOOM+Care sends test results using data encryption technology. In addition, Zoom+Care sends more routine appointment reminders and other emails and text messages which may contain some limited health information through unencrypted means. By providing your email address and phone number, you request that ZOOM+Care to send you these emails and text messages and consent to ZOOM+Care use of email and text messaging to communicate with you.
Review the information below to learn more about the potential risks associated with email and text message communication and ways to minimize these risks.
- If ZOOM+Care contacts you by email or text message, the most likely risk to your protected health information is that information intended for you could be sent to the wrong person by mistake.
- Your email account or phone could be hacked. Emails or text messages sent to you could be monitored, intercepted, read, and/or altered before they reach your email in-box or phone.
- ZOOM+Care cannot control who may see a text message or email on your phone, computer or other device. Setting a lock and password on your phone, computer or other device is one way to keep your information more secure. Remember not to leave your phone or computer unlocked and unattended.
- If you communicate from a phone, computer or other device belonging to your employer, your employer may have access to emails or texts to or from ZOOM+Care.
- Depending on your cell phone carrier/plan, you may be charged fees by your cell phone carrier/plan for receiving text messages or using data to access email.
- ZOOM+Care does not regularly monitor the email or text messaging accounts and any replies to emails or text messages may not be received. If you need to contact ZOOM+Care, contact us via the ZOOM+Care Chat feature. Do not reply to emails or text messages you receive from ZOOM+Care.
Acknowledgement and Release:
- I have read and understand the risks associated with email and text message communications, and I understand there may be additional risks not described here.
- I understand that ZOOM+Care cannot control who reads my email or text messages, while in route to or from my e-mail account or phone or once delivered to my email account or phone.
- I agree to notify ZOOM+Care immediately in the event my email address or phone number changes.
- I RELEASE ZOOM+CARE FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR SENDING MY PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION BY EMAIL OR TEXT MESSAGE.
You may opt-out of receiving any emails or text messages from Zoom+Care by submitting your request in writing to email@example.com or by replying “STOP” to text messages.
Browse HTML articles here to get great tips on web editing and other tech-related topics!